It's not just the responsibility of the employer to assess risk, but the duty of everybody involved in the workplace to become involved in the process of risk assessment. Research carried out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in 2009/10 showed that 1.3 million adults were suffering from an illness that they believed was caused or made worse by their work, and 28.5 million working days were lost during the same year due to work-related ill health or injury.
This course has been developed to help both businesses and individuals anticipate hazards in the workplace and prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
What will you get from this course?
When you've completed this course, you'll be able to:
- identify common issues with risk assessment
- raise awareness of the issues among your colleagues, employees and managers
- take appropriate action to prevent accidents and breaches of legislation
This course uses audio, onscreen text and animation to maximise your learning. As you're using the course you'll find each lesson is interactive, with activities and simulations to help you through. There are also exercises and quizzes to make sure you get to practise the different areas you're studying.
You'll be able to access real life examples, expert advice and tips on how to apply the learning from you course in the real world. There's even a glossary to help you understand any new words you come across so you don't get confused.
You can start the course straight away and access it at any time, providing you can use a computer with an internet connection. The course is available for six months from the date of purchase.
- Why does it matter?
- The steps of risk assessment
- Calculating and assessing risks
- What to do when faced with risks
Other courses you might be interested in
Five reasons to enrol on an eCourse - today!
- You get value for money. Competitively priced, eCourses take place on-site so there's no need to waste valuable time and money travelling to a course.
- You can start straight away. Online eCourses are just a few clicks away and DVD and CD ROM eCourses can be with you in a matter of days. There's no paperwork and no fuss.
- Flexibility is built in. Learn whenever it suits you or your business with training designed to fit in around your work patterns and personal life.
- You learn at your own level and at your own pace. You can stay in control of your learning, studying when it suits you and at a level to suit you.
- Team Managers or course buyers can track their employees' progress. Our online eCourses have an inbuilt tracking system ensuring that employees remain on schedule.