If you want to gain the confidence, skills and knowledge to use computers, then getting an ECDL qualification could be right for you. Not only will you get familiar with a whole range of common IT software packages, but the ECDL is also an internationally recognised qualification.
Once you’ve done all your learning, you’ll need to purchase the assessments from an approved ECDL test centre to gain the qualification.
If you’re interested in working towards the ECDL qualification, you can buy all seven courses that lead to this qualification in the single ECDL bundle. This works out around £60 cheaper than buying the courses separately.
Who is the course for?
ECDL is perfect for anyone who wants to brush up on their computer skills. This course, Word Processing, is ideal for beginners and those who feel unsure about how to use Word, or what it can do for them.
What will you get from this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- create, save and print a Word document
- change the font, font size, colour and style
- cut, copy, paste, delete and replace text
- construct bulleted and numbered lists
- change document layouts
- insert and manipulate graphics
- create and format tables and charts
- share data with other applications
- set up and use mail merge
- produce printed labels
You can start your course straight away and access it at any time, providing you have access to a computer with an internet connection. The course is available for six months from the date you first access it.
This course aims to ease you into the world of IT with clear, easy-to-follow explanations and a helpful glossary of the key terms you’ll need.
A diagnostic test at the beginning of each chapter will highlight areas where this course will help you to improve your knowledge.
Throughout the course, real-life scenarios, examples and interactive activities make learning relevant and enjoyable. Each module includes exercises to help consolidate your learning and check that you’re ready to move on.
N.B In order to complete this training course and receive your Statement of Completion, it is necessary to visit every screen, and score an average of 9 out of 10 in the exercises.
- Creating a simple document
- Changing the look of text
- Moving text and adding clip art
- Formatting paragraphs
- Working with tables and entering data
- Manipulating images and text
- Features for longer documents
- Working with more specialised documents
- More about tables
- Sharing data with other applications
- Mail merge
Other courses you might be interested in
ECDL 1 – Security for IT Users, ECDL 2 - IT User Fundamentals, ECDL 4 – Spreadsheet Software, ECDL 5 - Database Software, ECDL 6 - Presentation Software, ECDL 7 – Using Email and the Internet, Keyboard and Typing Skills, IT Applications
Five reasons to enrol on an eCourse - today!
- You get value for money. Competitively priced, eCourses take place on-site so there's no need to waste valuable time and money travelling to a course.
- You can start straight away. Online eCourses are just a few clicks away and DVD and CD ROM eCourses can be with you in a matter of days. There's no paperwork and no fuss.
- Flexibility is built in. Learn whenever it suits you or your business with training designed to fit in around your work patterns and personal life.
- You learn at your own level and at your own pace. You can stay in control of your learning, studying when it suits you and at a level to suit you.
- Team Managers or course buyers can track their employees' progress. Our online eCourses have an inbuilt tracking system ensuring that employees remain on schedule.